Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

21 Day Sugar Detox - Day 2

Amazing how fast you can lose fitness. I mean, I ran practically every day in January until I got caught up with traveling for work and wound up in New York, where it was way too dangerous to even breathe outdoors. Since, my training has been really spotty. I couldn't even sleep last night realizing my next 50k is less than 3 months away and I haven't run more than 10 miles at a go since September. Dreams of DNFs for a 50k... ugly.

Aaron and I went for a short jog after work for him to try out his new Inov-8 shoes and for me to stop being lazy. Somehow I managed to pack up my two pairs of road running shows (even my XeroShoes were packed up). That left me with two trail shoes. I love my trail shoes. On the trail. On the road, I'd do better barefoot. Running on nails.

But it's too cold for barefoot running today, so I opted for trail shoes. My right IT band and knee are still grumbling about it. Got my heating pad on it now. His name is Jack. Purring, but not sure he's happy.

I'm not feeling any symptoms of cutting back on carbs/sugar yet. I also haven't been hungry. Weird. Very weird.


Breakfast
- 2 eggs plus 1 white, half a cup of spinach, 1.5 plum tomatoes

Lunch
- leftovers (bison chili)
- half an avocado

Dinner
- salmon
- baked broccoli
- small green salad (mixed baby greens, celery, baby carrots)

Snack
- celery and almond butter
- coconut butter truffles

Exercise
20-minute torture jog

Totals Calories: 1718
Fat: 118g [58%]
Carbohydrates (fiber): 66g (29g) [14%]
Sugar: 26g
Protein: 127g [28%]

No comments:

Post a Comment